Sunday, March 8, 2015

Planning

I love planning things, always way to far in advance. One thing I am just so excited for and can't stop trying to plan every detail of it Watershed! If you don't know what that is, it's a 3-day country music festival in Washington. Last year was my first year, and there are so many things I learned that I need to do differently this year.

1. Sleeping: Last year we thought that just having a comforter under us would be enough. . .IT WAS NOT! Pretty much camping in in the middle of a giant wheat field that isn't all that flat. Because of this I was looking into what could help. The two options I found were a blow up mattress or a sleeping pad. I looked both up and found out that a blow up mattress would be way cheaper, and probably much more comfortable. I found some full sized ones for only $20!!

2. Food: Keeping food good was a little bit of a struggle last year. First of all, we had two coolers, one for beer and one for food. I wanna say it was 90 degrees during that weekend, but could have been 80, either way, we needed two bags of ice a day, and at a festival they can charge whatever price they want, in this case $5 a bag. So, yes, we spent $10 a day just between me and my boyfriend. This year if possible I want to bring a generator and a mini fridge. My new roommate, Halle, said her dad has a few, and would probably let us borrow one, so fingers crossed. This would make everything a lot easier. Otherwise, packing less food is better. We over-exaggerated the amount of snacked we would be eating. I've been looking on Pinterest for some ideas.

3. People: Last year, I didn't even think to see who was going. Afterwards I found out that so many of my high school friends went, who I haven't seen since, well, high school. It would have been great to meet up with them. So this year, FIGURE OUT WHO IS GOING! Also I'm really hope my friend Ashlyn can get a ticket.

Watershed isn't until July 31st, but I am so excited!
Other things I'm trying to plan are:
1. A trip to Vegas, either in may, or sometime during the summer
2. A road trip to the Grand Canyon, and hiking down. My roommate mentioned that there is a 100 mile hike through, but I'm having problems finding information about it.


Also. . . My trip to California is coming up! Which I am always excited about.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment